Application Developer - Hyderabad - Google India
The area: Online Sales and Operations, Product Quality Operations
The Product Quality Operations (PQO) team defends the integrity of Google, its users, and partners worldwide by defining and communicating product policies, fighting spam, fraud, and abuse across Google products. We are dedicated to protecting Google's brand and reputation and ensuring product quality to the company's expanding base of advertisers, publishers, and users in more than 40 languages on a global basis. We partner with our Product Managers and Engineers to fight fraud and abuse across a broad range of products such as Google Search, AdWords, AdSense, Checkout and Maps. This means that PQO team members need to be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, innovative - and able to work well in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment while demonstrating technical know-how, effective communication and getting things done.
As an Application Developer, you will write code to protect Google's users and customers from various forms of abuse. You will work with others building web tools and automation solutions to help the team detect bad content and traffic and prevent them from affecting our users' experience. You will be on the front lines as the internet evolves and as new products are launched, making sure we can seamlessly react to any changes. Your work maintains the reputation of Google's products and makes the internet a safer place for all people to use.
In developing the tools to help internal users get their jobs done you will be involved with the entire cycle of software development from planning what tools and features are needed, to designing and implementing quick and scalable solutions, and maintaining your jobs across large-scale 'cloud computing' clusters. You will work with Google's world-class engineers and infrastructure to handle big problems over massive data sets. Your efforts will launch quickly and have immediate and obvious impact on those around you.
Our teams include people from all over the world, giving us the opportunity to recognize trends across countries and markets. We work closely with other engineering teams in Europe, Asia, and the US. By supporting teams throughout all Google offices and protecting huge products like Search, Ads, and Maps, we have a direct influence on internet users throughout the world.
The most successful candidates for this role will have experience building web applications, strong analytical skills and comfort dealing with large data sets, flexibility to deal with a diverse team of both engineers and non-engineers, and the desire and ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment. We are particularly interested in engineers who have an interest in computer and web security, and a deep understanding and penchant for the web.
Your career development is as unique and varied as the Googlers we hire, and begins the minute you set foot in a Google office. Because we care about the long-term personal and professional growth of our Associates, we created the Online Media Associate Program (OMAP), a two-year, team-based developmental program for new hires. OMAP equips you with the business, marketing, analytical and leadership skills needed to be successful at Google, while helping you develop a strong-knit community of Googlers across the business.
• Analyze potential abuse and fraud cases and trends and advocate changes to product and engineering groups
• Build real time systems to process large datasets in parallel on massive clusters
• Increase efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization
• Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
• Front end graphical user interface design.
• B.E/B.Sc preferred in Computer Science, or related field with strong background in numerical analysis, algorithms and/or data-mining. Master's degree is a plus.
• At least 1 year experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, or Python. Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
• Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and other data storage solutions
• Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively. Strong verbal and written communication skills.